The Central Bank of Azerbaijan has released the next edition of its quarterly e-journal, "Central Bank and Economy: Set of articles and research works."
The works included involve theoretical and practical aspects of the financial-banking and various other economic sectors as well as issues of global economic processes, economic growth and economics.
The key goal of the publication is to further familiarize professionals with the modern economy and deliver research findings on economic theory and practice, methodological issues of empirical economic research and the growth of the country's economy.
Azerbaijan has completed its post-Soviet transition into a major oil-based economy. The Azeri GDP grew 41.7 percent in the first quarter of 2007, one of the highest growth rates of any nation worldwide. Growth since then has declined steadily, stabilizing at .1 percent in 2011.
The government has undertaken regulatory reforms in some areas, including a substantial opening of trade policy, and completed the privatization of agricultural lands and small and medium-sized enterprises. In Aug. 2000, the government launched a second-stage privatization program in which many large state enterprises were privatized.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar