European Union Commissioner for Enlargement and Neighborhood Policy Stefan Fule addressed the press after meeting with Prime Minister Iurie Leanca of Moldova in Chisinau.
"Moldova's efforts to implement the European values make it an important partner for the EU and Eastern Partnership front-runner," Fule said. "Political stability is an invaluable asset; it offers an opportunity to focus on reforms and concrete deliverables for the citizens. Moldova's citizens - on both sides of the Nistru - should know more about the benefits of EU-Moldova cooperation and the future Association Agreement. These benefits are real and concrete (lower prices; better quality; more jobs).
"But the root causes of political instability remain to be addressed. This is a serious challenge for Moldova, for all citizens and for all parties - not only for those of the ruling coalition. Moldova should tackle these causes without delay, in the political as well as in the institutional spheres. Constitutional reform, deep judicial reform, the fight against corruption and improvement of the business climate are of the essence; they cannot wait any longer.
"The EU provides considerable means to help implement these reforms and will further step up its support, if Moldova engages in earnest on the path of institutional reforms."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar