New engineering technology created by TatNIPIneft, the Tatar Oil Research and Design Institute, has been successfully applied by Russian oil and gas company TATNEFT to enhance the recovery of oil.
SSG-VUKSZHS, which increases the depletion of oil reservoirs using a composition based on silica gel, won the Grand Prix for best exhibit, engineering design or technical solution at the XXth International Oil and Gas Exhibition 2013 held in Baku, Azerbaijan, in June.
The technology, which has been designed to increase the sweep efficiency and oil recovery ratio, uses inexpensive domestically produced chemicals as well as both fresh and mineralized waste water.
TatNIPIneft experts said that the water injection procedures and composition of the gel structures are environmentally friendly.
TATNEFT's average daily gain in crude oil production for 2013 has so far amounted to 5.87 tons per day for one well.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal