The private Liberty Bank of Georgia recently issued a new credit card designed specifically for public school teachers.
The card will carry no commission charges on annual maintenance and will offer favorable annual interest rates. In addition, the full amount of each thousandth transaction made using the card will be returned to the customer. Payments on the card will be made online.
The card comes in four distinct designs that correspond to each teacher's status and qualifications.
The Liberty Bank of Georgia, formerly the People's Bank of Georgia, is the seventh largest in the country with assets amounting to 3.4 percent of market share.
In September 2009 91.2 percent of the bank's shares were acquired by Liberty Investments Holding B.V., a newly established joint venture between Georgia's former Prime Minister Lado Gurgenidze and Romanian tycoon Dinu Patriciu.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar