Young geologists recently participated in the IXth All-Russian In-Field Olympiad on the grounds of Kazan's health improvement camps.
The event was held under the Year of Environmental Protection that was announced by the Vladimir Putin in honor of the 70th anniversary of beginning commercial development of oil fields in Tatarstan.
The forum was organized by the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use, the Russian Geological Society RosGeo and the government of the Republic of Tatarstan. JSC Tatneft acted as the event's main sponsor.
For 10 days in August, schoolchildren and their mentors demonstrated their knowledge and skills in paleontology, mineralogy, radiometry, hydrology, geological formation, field site organization and first aid treatment, among other disciplines.
Children from 31 regions of Russia and four CIS countries participated.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar