Young geologists recently participated in the IXth All-Russian In-Field Olympiad on the grounds of Kazan's health improvement camps.
The event was held under the Year of Environmental Protection that was announced by the Vladimir Putin in honor of the 70th anniversary of beginning commercial development of oil fields in Tatarstan.
The forum was organized by the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use, the Russian Geological Society RosGeo and the government of the Republic of Tatarstan. JSC Tatneft acted as the event's main sponsor.
For 10 days in August, schoolchildren and their mentors demonstrated their knowledge and skills in paleontology, mineralogy, radiometry, hydrology, geological formation, field site organization and first aid treatment, among other disciplines.
Children from 31 regions of Russia and four CIS countries participated.
- UkrSibbank wins second place for customer service, deposits in magazine ranking
- Bank St. Petersburg votes on dividend payouts, elects board members
- EIB OKs financing for housing, energy, internet and train projects across the region
- European Investment Bank grants loan to biopharmaceutical company Biofrontera
- Ardshinbank board chairman awarded medal for services to Artsakh Republic
- Banks in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe see improved outlook, according to new reports
- European Investment Bank loans $136 million for Nicaraguan bus line, road improvement
- EBRD teams up with Jordan Ahli Bank to support small businesses
- Ardshinbank named Armenia's most active issuing bank
- Bashneft files claim against Sistema