Young geologists recently participated in the IXth All-Russian In-Field Olympiad on the grounds of Kazan's health improvement camps.
The event was held under the Year of Environmental Protection that was announced by the Vladimir Putin in honor of the 70th anniversary of beginning commercial development of oil fields in Tatarstan.
The forum was organized by the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use, the Russian Geological Society RosGeo and the government of the Republic of Tatarstan. JSC Tatneft acted as the event's main sponsor.
For 10 days in August, schoolchildren and their mentors demonstrated their knowledge and skills in paleontology, mineralogy, radiometry, hydrology, geological formation, field site organization and first aid treatment, among other disciplines.
Children from 31 regions of Russia and four CIS countries participated.
- TKB Bank ranks in top 10 as listed by Expert RA agency
- TBC Bank named best bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine